BEDE Events Ltd Health and Safety Policy Statement
Bede Events Ltd is committed to health and safety, the reduction of risk, accidents and ill health and to the promotion of a safe working environment so far as is reasonably practicable. This policy is integral to our operational management and is supported by the provision of competent health and safety advice.
Bede Events Ltd do hereby undertake to:-
- Comply with the Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974 and all other applicable health and safety legislation
- Appoint a competent person to assist with health and safety.
- Give equal financial consideration to the provision of resources for health and safety.
- Communicate with and seek the co-operation of all employees, contractors and agency staff to ensure the Health, Safety and Welfare of all those persons affected by our undertakings.
- Aspire to industry best practice with regard to establishing a harm free environment.
- Raise public awareness of health and safety by publishing the following statement:
‘The organiser of the event has taken reasonable precautions to ensure the health and safety of everyone present. For these measures to be effective, everyone must themselves take all reasonable precautions to prevent accidents and must comply with the information provided and instructions given by the organiser, officials and stewards’.
Bede Events Ltd shall also, so far as is reasonably practicable:-
- Provide and maintain a safe working environment.
- Provide adequate arrangements for the welfare of persons at work.
- Via risk assessment, identify any significant hazards which may exist, develop controls to minimise the level of risk to as low as is reasonably practicable and to notify employees and others who may be affected, of the controls established to minimise risk.
- Make arrangements for ensuring the safety and the absence of risks to health in connection with the use, handling, storage and transport of articles and substances.
- Provide such information, instruction, training and supervision as is necessary to ensure the health and safety of all persons at work.
- Maintain any plant, work equipment and systems of work for which they have responsibility.
- Record and investigate all accidents and cases of occupational ill-health.
- Provide and maintain appropriate personal protective equipment where necessary.
With the aim at providing a safer environment at events there will be no motorised vehicles allowed on the event site, unless prior authorisation has been given by the event director/organiser.
This includes, ATVs, motorbikes, motorised scooters, buggies and electric bikes etc. An exception for those used for disability can be made by prior permission of the director / organiser.
Only official vehicles will be allowed onto the cross country course.
Visitors with mobility restrictions who would otherwise use motorised vehicles should contact the secretary’s office for information and assistance, where possible alternative arrangements will be made for you to access event site.